Monday, June 18, 2012

Still Travelling


June 13, 2012
            Two posts in such a short amount of time? Wow, lucky you guys! Just kidding! Anyways, a lot has happened since Shaul and I arrived at the hostel in Tel Aviv 3 (already 3???) days ago! On Monday, immediately following the last post, Shaul and I went out and walked around Dizengoff Street. It was really interesting seeing how Israelis acted around others, as well as how they reacted to our English. We soon figured out that English was as commonplace there as Portuguese is in Stoughton! Anyways, after that I decided to buy my first drink at a liquor store, and yes mom it was legal :p. Shaul and I went to the beach to watch the sunset, and drank to an amazing time in Israel. We walked along the beach some more, and eventually went back to the hostel to hang out, and went to bed relatively early. Yesterday, Tuesday, we had a very busy schedule. We started out by walking around Tel Aviv, visiting the Rabin Square area. We went back to the hostel to grab some stuff, and as we were on the way, Shaul heard my name being called. Being in Israel, and thinking that we didn’t know anyone in Tel Aviv, I just figured that they were calling another Dahlia. We then suddenly saw my friend Shachar stand up, and knew she was calling me! It was amazing and really strange at the same time to see her, Gilad, Yuval, and Inbal in Tel Aviv when I wasn’t expecting to see them until this weekend! We hung out with them for 20ish minutes, and then left to go get our stuff to go to Hod Hasharon. Seeing Hod Hasharon (the suburb of Tel-Aviv where my 2 month program was last year) was amazing, and I realized that although the people around have changed, the towns dynamic and charm has not. Shaul and I visited all of my favorite places to go when I was living there- the 11 (now 12 :/ ) shekel falafel place, the bakery, the sketchy supermarket, Mosenzon, and of course My-Yogo! We got back to Tel Aviv by bus and then train.
            After getting back from Hod Hasharon, we made a short trip to Yafo, a neighborhood/smaller community of Tel Aviv. We walked around for a while. While we were there, a Muslim prayer call took pace, and it was really interesting to see who did and did not react. From there, we went back to the Hostel, rested/chilled for a while, and then went to Mike’s place, a very American destination across the street from the beach.
            Today, we said goodbye to Tel Aviv, and went to Hadera. It took us a long time to get there, a lot of conflicting advice, and a lot of stress, but it was definitely worth it. The hostel/resort that we are staying at is absolutely beautiful, and the beach is gorgeous. It is beautiful and peaceful, just the opposite of Tel Aviv. Tomorrow we go to Haifa to visit with Yael and stay with Guy, and make a lot more unique memories!
            Can’t believe I have only been here for three days! With everything we’ve done, it feels more like a few weeks! Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment